Personal Finance Awesomeness
Personal finance bloggers have come a long way in 2015. At FINCON15, in Charlotte NC, we were told that the roughly 900 bloggers at the convention had a reach of over 1 billion people. We are working hard to help each and every one of them find financial freedom, whether that is by eliminating debt, building a better budget, planning for college, buying a home or creating passive income.
We personal finance writers love what we do. We love helping people manage their money via great tools. It’s what gets us up in the morning and keeps us up late at night. We all have our favorite posts, ones that we were inspired to write, ones that our followers loved, shared and implemented. In 2015, there were thousands of posts that helped millions of people do even more and build a bigger life.
I have my favorites, as I am sure you do. Below are 49 posts that these personal finance bloggers thought were their best work, most fun to write or most enthused their readers. Enjoy the list and tell us which were your favorite.
- Principles of Increase – How My 10 Year Old Daughter Made $1,000 with My iPhone
- Making Sense of Sense – 75+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- The College Investor – 20 Passive Income Ideas to Build Real Wealth
- Side Hustle Nation – Rob’s $30,000 Side Hustle: Flea Market Flipping
- Wallet Hacks – 70 Essential Money Skills Everyone Must Know
- Good Financial Cents – 23 Passive Income Ideas You Can Start Today
- Money Q and A – How to Evaluate the Rate of Return On Rental Property
- Stacking Benjamins Podcast – Side Hustles, Getting Things Done and Creativity with Austin Kleon
- What Mommy Does – 7 Ways to Make an Extra $500 – $1000 Per Month
- Busy Budgeter – The 4 Side Jobs That Make Me Over $3,000 a Month as a Stay-at-Home Mom
- Money Smart Guides – What I Learned Managing $500 Million Dollars
- The Debt Free Guys – Saving Money from G-Strings to C-Suites
- Peer Finance 101 – How to Retire Early and Why It Won’t Matter
- Coach Carson – How to Retire Rich with Embarrassing Old Cars and Ugly Houses
- Investing to Thrive – Build a Portfolio with Vanguard Mutual Funds and Vanguard ETFs
- The Chicago Financial Planner – 7 Tips to Become a 401(k) Millionaire
- Be Wealthy and Smart – 7 Things I Learned About Money and Wealth Building from My Mom
- Insurance Blog By Chris – Term vs. Whole Life Insurance Calculator
- Even Steven Money – The Really Quite Good Guide to Negotiating Your Comcast Xfinity Cable and Internet Bill
- Debt Roundup – If This Doesn’t Get You to Save and Invest, I Don’t Know What Will!
- Cashville Skyline – If We’re So Fascinated by Frugality, Why Aren’t We Saving?
- FamZoo – Why a Traditional Bank Savings Account Doesn’t Teach Your Kid How to Save
- Young Yet Wise – Money Tips I Wish I Learned Sooner
- Savings Lifestyle – 10 Ways to Save Money on Amazon Purchases
- The Reluctant Landlord – What are a Military Widow’s Death Benefits?
- The Military Guide – The 2016 Military Pay Chart
Paying Off Debt/Student Loans
- The Debt Myth – We Were Tired of Being Broke So We Paid Off $52K in 7 Months
- Money Manifesto – Why I’m Happy My Wife Had $80,000 Of Student Loan Debt
- Whitney Hansen – Learn How I Paid off $30,000 in 10 Months
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions – How do credit counseling and debt management affect your credit score?
- Student Loan Hero – The Ultimate Guide to Paying Off Student Loans Faster
- Stephanie O’Connell – Broke with Privilege
- Donna Freedman – Surviving (and Thriving) on $12k a Year: The Reboot
- Planting Money Seeds – Why I Choose to Stop Making Six Figures a Year
- Fugal Rules – 13 Scary Money Statistics and How To Change Them
- SMI Financial Coaching – Improve Your Finances with The KonMari Method
- Investing Dollars and Cents – 5 Things I Learned from Hanging Around Other Financial Professionals
- Shop My Closet Project – Alone in A Crowded Room or Why I’m Glad I Quit My Job
- Financially Blonde – Don’t Let Your Self-Worth Impact Your Net Worth
- 1099 Mom – Can I Homeschool while working from Home? (The Answer is Yes)
- Phroogal – 6 Money Mindset Lessons for Any Generation
- I Heart Budgets – Go Ahead, You Deserve It
- FinanceGirl – How to Plan Your Best Year Ever
- Bald Thoughts – 11 IMMEDIATE Steps You Must Take When Getting a New Credit Card
- Money Letters 2 – 10 Ways to Give Christmas Cash…with Flair!
- Broke Millennial – Getting Financially Naked with Your Partner
- Debt Discipline – An Open Letter to My Three Children
- The Butler Journal – Tips for Traveling On a Tight Budget
- Wallet Impact – Are Timeshares Worth It – 12 Things to Know Before You Buy
Yikes! This Really Happens!
- Valerie Rind – My Dad Borrowed $50,000 and Paid Me Back. Why Was It a Complete Disaster?
- Penny Pinchin’ Mom – Our Bank Account Was Hacked: All In the Name of Charity
Pssst, for those of you counting, we also gave you 2 bonus posts.
More Great Reads for You: