Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
Why you should be investing in yourself with a money coach
Learn how to improve your finances by investing in yourself by working with a money coach on this Queer Money®. Then kick off your financial independence journey now by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Are money coaches worth it
Talking about money with your partner is tough enough. Now, imagine having that conversation on national television! Hannah & Juliette are a lesbian couple from Philadelphia who appear on Opportunity Knock$, a PBS show where money coaches Jean Chatzky, Patrice Washington, and Louis Barajas help families overcome their financial challenges and build better lives.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Hannah & Juliette join us to share their experience on Opportunity Knock$ and explain what they learned from working with a money coach. Hannah & Juliette discuss how to help others without sacrificing your financial security and describe the stress we carry when we’re worried about money.
Listen in for Hannah and Juliette’s advice for queer couples on improving your finances and find out how working with a money coach can improve your financial situation and your romantic relationship!
Listen to get insight into working with a money coach:
Topics covered on investing in yourself
- How Hannah & Juliette got cast on the show Opportunity Knock$
- What it’s like to divulge your personal financial situation on national television
- How Hannah & Juliette feel about being included on the show (as a same-sex couple)
- What Hannah & Juliette learned from working with a money coach
- How Hannah & Juliette’s communication around money has changed
- How having a daughter inspired Hannah & Juliette to improve their money situation
- Why financial security and helping others is not mutually exclusive
- The stress we carry when we’re worried about money
- What surprised Hannah & Juliette about where their money was going
- Hannah & Juliette’s advice for LGBTQ couples looking to improve their finances
- How working with a money coach can improve your relationship
Resources on investing in yourself
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Get more on investing in yourself
- 5 Easy Steps to Train Yourself to Build Wealth
- Build Wealth in Yourself and the Community
- How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt in 2022
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.