Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our gay little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping queer people live lives they truly love inside and out. We think happiness is a 360-degree experience (purpose, love, money, wellness, and lifestyle) that you also deserve. After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
Finding true gay confidence
Many of us think that if we earn enough money or have the perfect body, then we’ll be happy. Coach Alex Ray disagrees and says our true, gay confidence comes from someplace else. Find out where on this Queer Money®. Meanwhile, grab your free copy of the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life here.
The secret of gay confidence
Coach Alex Ray contends that happiness is not a product of our circumstances. And no matter how much we make or how good we look, we can’t be truly happy until we fully accept ourselves. But how do you develop the confidence to do that?
Alex is the Queer Confidence Coach at The Brave Company, a practice designed to help LGBTQIA+ people overcome insecurity and love our authentic selves. He’s also the host of The Queer Confidence Podcast, a show dedicated to teaching the queer community his proven process for developing confidence. Alex overcame debilitating insecurity and severe depression himself, and he is passionate about sharing the practical tools you need in order to do the same.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Alex joins us to discuss why the queer community is obsessed with material success, explaining how looking to our circumstances for happiness blocks us from true emotional and material abundance. He shares the first step for getting in touch with your authentic self, describing what to do when the people around you don’t want you to change and how to embrace both your masculine and feminine energy.
Gay confidence on Queer Money®:
Topics covered on gay confidence
- Why the queer community is particularly obsessed with material success
- Why Alex sees people-pleasing as ‘manipulation in drag’ and how to identify whether you’re people-pleasing or truly being generous
- How you can appear successful yet have few honest relationships with other people
- Why looking to our circumstances for happiness blocks us from true emotional and material abundance
- The role advertising plays in making us think we need material things to be happy
- The first step in getting in touch with your authentic self (and why the LGBTQ community is dealing with an extra layer of fear around being ourselves)
- What to do when the people around you don’t want you to change
- The relationship between the way we treat others and the way we treat ourselves internally
- How Alex’s personal struggle with confidence led to attempted suicide
- What differentiates therapy from life coaching and how to decide what kind of support you may need
- Alex’s Inner Child Playlist + Bridge Thoughts exercises for building self-confidence
- Why we need to be in touch with both our masculine and feminine energy
Connect with Alex
Resources for finding your gay confidence
- Mike Iamele on Queer Money® EP256
- Paul Donovan on Queer Money® EP252
- The Best Little Boy in the World by Andrew Tobias
- Gay and Christian on The Queer Confidence Podcast
- Brian Falduto on Queer Money® EP260
- Evolve Benton on Queer Money® EP245
- The Happy Gay Men’s Club
- 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]