Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
How to have healthy spending habits even during the holiday season
Learn how to spend responsibly and get tips and tools to help with spending during the holiday season on this Queer Money®. Then kick off your financial independence journey now by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Why the holidays are a good time to initiate money conversations
Yes, the holidays are a wonderful time for bringing people together to celebrate and reflect. But they can also be a challenging time in our financial lives, tempting us to spend money unconsciously. So, what can you do to maintain your financial well-being in this season of spending?
On this episode of Queer Money®, Jen Deloyd, Head of Checking and Consumer Insights at Capital One, joins us to discuss what it means to spend responsibly and describe how spending habits impact financial well-being. Jen explains the staggering disconnect between how we prefer to spend and the choices we’re actually making, challenging us to reflect on our spending habits during the holidays this year. Get Jen’s insight on leveraging the holidays to teach your kids about money and learn about the tools Capital One offers to help during this holiday season!
Listen to get tips on how you can spend responsibly this holiday season:
Topics covered on healthy spending habits
- How Jen defines financial well-being and why it’s different for everyone
- Jen’s take on what it means to spend responsibly
- The Capital One products allow for an easy, frictionless spending experience
- How spending responsibly impacts our financial well-being
- The staggering disconnect between how we prefer to spend and the choices we’re actually making
- Why the holidays are a good time to initiate money conversations
- How to avoid the spending pitfalls associated with holiday shopping
- Leveraging the holidays to teach your kids about money and instill good financial habits
- How the tools we use to transact make it easy to spend money unconsciously
- The resources Capital One offers to help with spending and saving habits
Resources on healthy spending habits
- Capital One 360 Checking
- Capital One Money Teen Checking
- NEFE Survey on LGBTQIA+ Experiences with Financial Education and Services
- Capital One Kids Savings Accounts
- Capital One Financial Wellbeing Study
- Capital One Money & Life Program
Connect with Jen
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Get more on healthy spending habits
- 10 Daily Habits to be Happier, Healthier and Wealthier
- Debt Stress: What Are the Effects on Mental Health?
- You’re Debt Free. Now What?
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.