Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
What savings strategies are most effective?
Learn important tips to help you with your savings strategies on this Queer Money®. Then kick off your financial independence journey now by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
How to save money for your financial goals
Stressed about inflation? Anxious about a recession? Concerned about how this economy will impact your short- and long-term goals?
Then a new savings strategy may be in order. It is for us!
On this episode of Queer Money®, James Morgan, Head of Deposit Product, Pricing & Portfolio Strategy at Capital One, joins us to celebrate National Savings Day and explain why saving is key to reaching important financial goals.
We discuss why rising interest rates are good news for your savings account, and James describes the tools Capital One provides to help customers develop good saving habits and set aside money for specific aims.
Get insight into what we’re saving for right now and find out how we’re rethinking our savings strategies and increasing our savings balances in the current economic climate!
Listen here for tips on savings strategies :
Topics covered on rethinking savings strategies
- How saving is the basis of security and the first step in reaching financial goals
- The pros and cons of the Fed raising interest rates
- Why rising interest rates are good news for your savings account
- How we’re saving to expand our real estate portfolio
- The tools Capital One provides to help customers develop good saving habits
- Why James recommends setting up multiple savings accounts for individual goals
- How to automate contributions to your emergency savings
- James’ challenges to find out exactly what you’re earning on your savings
- Why CDs are a good option for saving money right now
- How the Money & Life Program can help you achieve important financial goals
Connect with James
Resources on savings strategies
- Capital One 360 Savings
- Capital One Money & Life Program
- Federal Reserve Economic Well-Being Study
- Bankrate Money and Mental Health Survey
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Get more on savings strategies
- The Savers Tax Credit for Low-Wage Workers
- How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt in 2022
- 7 Simple Tips to Make the Best Budget Ever
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.