Announcing the first ever Queer Money Live Tour
We’re taking Queer Money on the road, and we want to meet you. Get all the details about the first ever Queer Money Live Tour.
The Queer Money Live Tour is about you
We appreciate you reading our emails a couple of times a week. We love your social media support and listening to the Queer Money® podcast. We have fun blogging and making videos for you.
There’s one key ingredient that’s underrepresented.
Yes, you occasionally email or direct message us. And we love that. Don’t get us wrong; keep that good stuff coming.
But, usually, we can go days without hearing from you, and we never see you.
So, we’re taking Queer Money® on the road, and here’s what that looks like:
- You and us meeting in LGBTQ centers and LGBTQ-friendly safe spaces
- You and us meeting each other, getting to know each other, hopefully having snacks and drinks
- You telling us how you’re doing, how we can help you more, what you need and don’t need
- You and us talking about LGBTQ money, and simple steps we can all take to strengthen our financial health
Sounds amazing, right? We think so, too.
Why the Queer Money Live Tour is important
- Half of LGBTQ respondents to a recent survey claimed to have neither a checking or savings account
- Only 27% of LGBTQ folks have an employer-sponsored retirement plan
- The average LGBTQ family with at least one kid has over $12,000 in credit card debt
- Same-sex couples are 73% more likely to be denied a mortgage
Where and how you can join in on the Queer Money Live Tour
We’re kicking off the entire tour with a Queer Money Live Tour virtual event tonight, Thursday, May 2nd. More details will follow. But if you’re on Facebook (especially the Queer Money® Facebook Group), Twitter or YouTube, this is a great way to get involved.
Below is our current schedule with more dates and details to follow:
|May 2, 2019 (Tonight)||Queer Money Live Tour Online||Facebook, Twitter, YouTube||N/A|
|May 9, 2019||Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Baltimore||Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Baltimore||Baltimore Maryland|
|May 16, 2019||Destination Tomorrow||Destination Tomorrow||Bronx NYC|
|May 22, 2019||LGBT Center of Greater Reading||LGBT Center of Greater Reading||Reading PA|
|June 5, 2019||Element Federal Credit Union||Black Sheep Burrito and Brews @ The Brewery||Charleston WV|
|June 15, 2019||Capital One Café||Chinatown||Washington DC|
|June 23, 2019||Capital One Café||Union Square||New York City NY|
|July 10, 2019||SAGA Community Center||SAGA Community Center||Hatboro PA|
We’ll update this article as more dates and details are added. To ensure you don’t miss a single bit of news, get on the mailing list for all Queer Money Live Tour updates.
How you can help with the Queer Money Live Tour
If you have and are willing to make connections for us to LGBTQ and LGBTQ-friendly centers in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, DC, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia or West Virginia, and let’s talk.
We’d greatly appreciate it!