Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our gay little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping queer people live lives they truly love inside and out. We think happiness is a 360-degree experience (purpose, love, money, wellness, and lifestyle) that you also deserve. After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
How to stay safe in 2021 with your Pride travel
After a year of quarantine, closings and restrictions, we all want to get away. But the pandemic isn’t quite over and cases, rules and regulations change daily. Find out how to plan your COVID-cautious Pride travel. Meanwhile, get your free copy of the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life here.
Hear our tips for 2021 Pride travel
How to have a fabulous Pride month and summer
On this episode of Queer Money®, we’re sharing our top 7 COVID-cautious tips for Pride season and summer travel, encouraging you to research your destinations as well as the hotels and airlines you’re considering. We weigh in on preparing yourself and your travel gear, offering advice on securing travel insurance or COVID protections for your trip.
Listen in for insight on celebrating Pride locally or later in the year and get our best ideas for summer road trips to safer, more remote destinations. Here we go, glampers!
Topics covered about COVID-cautious Pride travel
1. Research local restrictions and COVID trends
- Find info on CDC and WHO websites
- Study state and local guidelines
2. Prepare yourself and your travel gear
- Pack things needed to protect self
- Get vaccinated, tested (before and after)
3. Look at hotel/airline COVID accommodations
- May offer COVID protection for trip
- Find out what precautions being taken
4. Consider securing additional travel insurance
- Hotel/airline add-ons not true insurance
- Third-party providers offer annual coverage
5. Explore alternative travel plans
- Think about an RV trip or glamping
- Take a road trip as opposed to flying
6. Think differently about your destinations
- Choose less populous areas over gay meccas
- Cabin in woods, remote beaches = safer
7. Celebrate Pride locally or later in the year
- Stay home, the social distance at outdoor events
- Drive to Phoenix, Montreal or Palm Springs