Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our gay little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping queer people live lives they truly love inside and out. We think happiness is a 360-degree experience (purpose, love, money, wellness, and lifestyle) that you also deserve. After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
A poverty mindset is more prevalent in the LGBTQ community
In 5 years of doing the Queer Money® Podcast, we’ve noticed that many in the LGBTQ community think we’re not worthy of abundance or that we can’t have more. Some even take comfort in a sense of lack. Here’s how to break that. Break it more easily with the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life.
Hear Matthew’s steps in obtaining an abundance mindset
The benefits of overcoming a scarcity mindset
Matthew Raymond is the Queer Life Coach behind Liberated Living, a practice designed to help LGBTQ+ people let go of shame, stop performing and live more authentically. Matthew has 10 years of experience in the education and nonprofit space. He is committed to supporting the queer community in overcoming limiting beliefs and therefore living up to our full potential.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Matthew joins us to explain what it means to have a poverty mindset and above all why it’s so prevalent among the LGBTQ community. He shares the warning signs that you’re operating from a place of scarcity, in addition to describing how it hurts you personally and the queer community as a whole. Listen in for Matthew’s insight on the benefits of an abundance mindset then take the first steps to believe that there is enough to go around. Above all, you deserve to have what you want!
“When we don’t believe we deserve abundance, we’re also not going to accept it when it comes.” - Matthew RaymondClick To Tweet
- What it means to have a poverty or scarcity mindset
- Why a poverty mindset is more prevalent among the LGBTQ community than in the general population
- How the scarcity mindset extends beyond money and also into other areas of our lives
- For example, how having a poverty or scarcity mindset hurts us
- How religious ideals contribute to the development of a poverty mindset
- The signs that you’re operating from a scarcity mindset
- Why it’s so challenging to let go of a poverty mindset
- How the very wealthy can still operate from a place of scarcity
- The factors that indeed cause us to adopt a poverty mindset
- How Matthew defines an abundance mindset
- How adopting an abundance mindset can certainly help the LGBTQ community
- What steps you can take to operate out of an abundance