Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
How to retire fast with our 9 step plan
Want to retire early? Do you have just enough money saved to enjoy a whole day of retirement? Take the first step in reaching financial security by paying off your credit card debt. Start by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Want to retire yesterday but have nothing saved or invested?
This is a common concern in the LGBTQ community, especially among gay men in their 50s and 60s who haven’t planned for retirement.
On this episode of Queer Money®, we share our 9-step plan for retiring as soon as possible, challenging you to cut expenses that are not necessities and earn extra income with a side hustle. We explain why you may need to work a few years past your planned retirement date and explore why it’s crucial to buy the right insurance and pay off as much debt as possible before you quit working. Listen in for insight on the tax and social security benefits of getting married and learn our top strategies for getting ready to retire fast!
Listen to our top strategies for how to retire fast:
Topics covered on how to retire fast
- Our 9-step plan for retiring as soon as possible
- How to check your social security account balance to find out how much you’ll get in retirement
- The benefit of cutting any expenses that are not necessities
- Why you may need to work a few years past your planned retirement date
- How to monetize something you already do to bring in additional income and offset expenses
- Why it’s crucial to pay off as much debt as possible before you retire
- How to offload living expenses by house hacking or renting rooms in your home
- The tax and social security benefits of getting married
- How to leverage a Roth IRA to earn as much as $500/month more in retirement
- Why you should consider a life insurance policy and long-term care insurance
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Resources on how to retire fast
- Credit Card Pay Off Plan
- The Latte Factor: Why You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Live Rich by David Bach and John David Mann
- How to Side Hustle with I Like to Dabble on Queer Money® EP233
- Make Money Flipping Products on Queer Money® EP30
- Why Gay Couples Should Get Married on Queer Money® EP054
- Roth Conversion Ladders on Queer Money® EP308
- Why ALL Queer People Need Life Insurance on Queer Money® EP019
- Long-Term Care Insurance for LGBTQ People on Queer Money® EP071
Watch this episode instead of listening to it:
How can you get more Debt Free Guys and Queer Money®?
Get more on retiring early:
- A History Lesson on Retirement
- 37 Best Tips on How to Become Debt Free
- What about Millennial Career and Retirement Plans
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.