Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
How can tech help with gender transition?
Learn how to support our trans peers on this Queer Money®. Then kick off your financial independence journey now by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Help empower the T in LGBTQ
Kate Anthony has been out for eight years, and in that time, she’s completed the majority of her gender transition. But she found the process incredibly difficult. She spent a lot of time sifting through medical advice from strangers on the internet and struggling to gain access to in-person support groups. So, Kate set out to develop a suite of technologies to bridge the information gap and overcome the financial hurdles associated with gender transition. Today, Kate is the Founder and CEO of Euphoria, a collection of apps that remove the barriers to gender transition and accelerate the process.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Kate joins us to explain how Euphoria’s four unique apps address the financial, emotional and mental health aspects of transitioning and give trans people the agency to self-select their journey. Kate discusses how Euphoria reduces the cost and the time it takes to transition and describes how the Bliss app helps transgender individuals save money for their financial goals.
Listen in to understand how Kate is raising capital to fund the growth of Euphoria and find out what the queer community as a whole can do to better support our trans peers.
Listen for insight on how you can help support our trans peers :
Topics covered on gender transition
- Kate’s simple, scientific explanation for transgender people
- How Kate’s own challenges with transitioning inspired her to build Euphoria
- How Euphoria’s 4 unique apps address the financial, emotional and mental health aspects of transitioning and give trans people the agency to self-select their journey
- How Euphoria reduces the cost and the time it takes to transition
- How the Euphoria apps factor in insurance vs. private pay and geography to generate recommendations
- Euphoria’s margin of error in predicting the cost of gender transition
- How the Bliss app functions as a savings platform to help people achieve financial goals toward transition
- The diverse, global team that is working on Euphoria
- How Kate tapped into the VC market and gained notable support to raise money for Euphoria
- Kate’s advice to other app developers on finding the courage to take the first step
- How many people are using Euphoria and what Kate’s team is doing to reach new users
- What we can do to better support our transgender peers
Connect with Kate
Resources on gender transition
- Euphoria Apps
- Kate and David on Fintech Insider EP639
- Williams Institute Map of the US Trans Population
- Leelah Alcorn’s Suicide
- Gaingels LGBTQ+ Investment Syndicate
- Lambda Legal
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Get more on gender transition
- 3 Transgender Surgery Cost Tips
- Overcoming Transgender Issues with Money
- Transgender Healthcare with Callen-Lorde
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.