On this Queer Money, we talked about the financial costs of the gay dating scene. Historically the queer community has waited longer than our straight peers to settle down. Now, GenXers and Millennials are delaying marriage. What are the financial repercussions of perpetual dating in general and never-ending gay dating specifically?
To have more money for gay dating, increase your streams of income by starting your very own gay blog. Here’s why that would be good for the whole queer community and how you can do that step-by-step in one-hour.
Gay Dating Video
[iframe id=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/MwT24cYB9HQ” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no”]
Gay Dating Guests
- David Johnson is the Managing Partner at Johnson Marquez Legal Group in Denver CO. David is the author of Looking? Technology’s Impact on Modern Relationships, which asses how technology is changing everything about marriage and relationships.
- Justin Simon is the Chief Social Strategist & Influencer Marketing at Evolve!, Inc. Justin specializes in social media and digital marketing executive with a strong background in sports, entertainment, lifestyle, finance and gaming.
Gay Dating Show Notes
- As the world gets smaller with social media, the desire to fly to see someone becomes costly
- Relationships that come out of dating apps are more stable and last longer than traditional relationships because the “screening process” is more rigorous
- 60% of relationships today sprout from dating apps
- Traditional rules still apply with straight dating in that the man pays for the first date, afterward the dynamic changes based on the circumstances; younger generations go Dutch
- In gay relationships, it’s usually the person with the money who pays, typically uncovered prior to the first date
- There are the “baby-steppers” who ease into relationships and the “converts” who go too far
- Finances are only one aspect of relationships and often what someone brings is more than monetary
- Technology has expanded the dating pool beyond arm’s reach
- MoneyTips.com will soon offer free credit reports (check back for updates)
Make more gay money by gay blogging. Here’s how you can start gay blogging in 1, 2, 3.
Gay Dating Conclusion
- Don’t make money a taboo subject, talk about money early
- Do your homework to the extent that you can online
- Address financial disparity concerns early
- If someone is defensive about money, maybe there’s concern