Becoming financially organized can be stupid simple
You know the satisfaction you feel when your desk or closet is totally organized? When you know where everything is? What if you could get financially organized this way? Well, you can!
This episode of Queer Money® is being brought to you by the 13-Week Leap. Start easily managing your own money with 13 stupid-simple steps over 13 weeks.
Get organized with your money today
On today’s episode of Queer Money®, we share five super simple steps to get your life financially organized. We discuss the importance of an emergency savings account, offer insight on how to put money away gradually for unforeseen circumstances. We explain how to create your ‘Happiness Budget,’ a plan that focuses your spending on aspirational goals that contribute to long-lasting happiness.
We address how getting banked can help you achieve your financial goals and why it’s crucial to save for retirement. Learn the types of insurance you might employ to protect against financial loss and how to ensure a secure future by getting your money ducks – quack! quack! quack! – in a row.
Hear all you need to hear to get your money organized:
The 5 topics covered to get financially organized
1. Build an emergency savings account
- Cover 9 to 12 months of living expenses
- Focus on small goals ($10/week = $500/year)
2. Create your Happiness Budget
- Set big, aspirational goals + open savings account for that
- Shift spending from temporary to long-term happiness
3. Get banked
- Checking/savings account vital to achieving financial goals
- Adjust banking processes to fit lifestyle
4. Save for retirement
- Plan for better future vs. live just for today
- Use employer-sponsored account or Roth IRA
5. Buy insurance
- Consider long-term care, life insurance w/ death benefit rider
- Lifestyle insurance (e.g.: pet, travel, natural disaster, etc.)
Resources for getting financially organized
- Debt Free Guys 13-Week Leap
- Prudential 2018 Financial Wellness Census
- Queer Money® Facebook Group
- Queer Money® Newsletter
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]