Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping people experience the freedom of becoming debt free! Would you love to feel that relief? After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
Do you have after-college goals for your money?
Having a goal for savings after college is important for your financial security. Take the first step in reaching financial security by paying off your credit card debt. Start by getting your free copy of the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Are you financially prepared for what comes after college?
There’s a lot of pressure on recent college grads to get a secure job and start paying off those student loans. To make enough to buy a house and a car, to start a family—to live up to the expectations other people have for us. But what do YOU want? What goals do YOU want to achieve? And how are you going to pay for them?
On this episode of Queer Money®, we share our top five savings goals for recent college graduates, discussing the benefits of taking a gap year to travel abroad and how to prepare for it financially. We offer strategies to save for your first grown-up home and grow a family the way you want—be it with people or pets. Listen in for insight on saving seed money for a side business and learn how to grow an emergency savings that gives you peace of mind when the unexpected happens!
Get insight to 5 after-college goals for your money:
Topics covered on after-college goals
- Our top 5 savings goals for recent college graduates
- How to prepare financially for a post-college gap year overseas
- The benefits of traveling abroad after college
- Strategies to save for your first apartment deposit or mortgage down payment
- Preparing for the expense associated with growing a family
- Why you should save seed money for a side business
- How an emergency savings gives you peace of mind when the unexpected happens
- Why we suggest saving 6 months of living expenses
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on YouTube
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Resources on after-college goals
Get more on after-college goals:
- 6 Ways To Better Manage Your Money
- 37 Best Tips on How to Become Debt Free
- Does Living Abroad Stretch Your Dollars?
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs, and 3) save and invest for retirement.