Gifts under 25 dollars
The funniest part of Christmas Vacation is when Clark loses his shit. It wasn’t until afterwards that The Griswolds realized the true meaning of Christmas and sang the Star-Spangled Banner while an enkindled Santa Clause set the night sky ablaze. If the true meaning of Christmas is true, this list of gifts under 25 dollars is all you need this season.
Gift cards are popular but boring
December 26th, not Black Friday, is usually the biggest shopping day of the year because the gift users spend their gift cards, their own money and their store credit returns all at once.
Holiday shoppers spent $31 billion last season on gift cards alone, says the National Retail Federation (NRF). The NRF also said that gift cards are no longer impersonal or simply a matter of convenience. We disagree.
Gift cards aren’t Cash Is king
We’re not opposed to giving and receiving cash. Cash is king, right? With cash, you can spend or not spend as you wish. With gift cards, you must spend your gift where the gift giver wishes.
Gift cards, in our opinion, lack the personal touch. They say, “Hey, go buy something on me.” They don’t say, “Here’s a gift that I chose especially for you.” While opening a gift card envelope feels like a mini-Oscar ceremony, it doesn’t beat the feeling of opening a specially wrapped present with a surprise inside.
Gift recipients should appreciate what they get. It’s just that we don’t recall ever seeing gift cards on Oprah’s “Favorite Things” Show.
25 Gifts under 25 dollars
Giving gifts doesn’t require blowing your budget. So, we created this list of 25 gifts under 25 dollars for you.
- Bottle of wine or cardbordeaux, such as Black Box, Bota or House Wine, is very acceptable
- A high-end bottle of beer such as Brouwerij Huyghe Delirium Tremens, The Reverend by Avery Brewing Company or St. Bernardus Abt 12
- Basic car wash
- A bouquet of flowers
- Classic DVD such as To Kill a Mockingbird or The Godfather
- Classic CD (yes, people still like these) such as Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors or Nirvana’s Nevermind
- Homemade dinner for two
- Hardcover book such as The Invisible Man or The Sun Also Rises, or a bundle of paperback books
- Bag of your favorite ground or whole bean coffee
- Nice plant
- Cozy blanket
- Chair massage
- Framed picture of you and your friend, family member or loved one
- Gift basket of fruit, wine and chocolate, hot sauce variety, individual beer variety
- One to 3-month subscription to Netflix
- Magazine subscription – The gift that keeps on giving
- A journal
- Board games, our favorites are Rummikub and Cards Against Humanity
- Charitable donation in your recipient’s name
- 3 – 6-quart slow cooker
- Professional team cap
- Phone case
- Personalized cookbook of your favorite recipes
- Pre-paid date night
With some thought, creativity and craftiness, you’re sure to come up with a slew of gifts under 25 dollars other than gift cards for all the special people in your life. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanza, Christmas or Festivus, there’s no need to go into the poor – or bore-house – to show others you care.
Other articles for gift ideas:
- 12 Stylish Gifts for Stylish Gay Men
- 8 DIY Men’s Grooming Products for Tops
- 5 DIY Men’s Grooming Products for Bottoms