Waaaahoooo! We’ve been nominated to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Thanks to Claudia from TwoCupHouse.com (follow their journey to build a “tiny” house) who we connected with over the past few months! We love their simple style and can’t wait to see pictures of the house going up. So, evidently Claudia thinks there is a little bit of sunshine over at this rainbow house, too!
Claudia passed on the six questions below as a way to tell you a little more about us. We hope that you find them snarky, funny and insightful. If you don’t, we have plenty more up our sleeves. Just ask. Have an awesome week and thanks again TwoCupHouse.com. You rock!
- What is your favorite frugal activity or hobby?
- Well… sex is free isn’t it? Ha! Not much time for that these days in The Debt Free Guys house, but we do love to cuddle. Our favorite thing by far is to get a cheap bottle of wine, a block of cheese and sit on our balcony and look at the Colorado Rocky Mountains and the Denver Skyline. (see below)
- Where do you like to vacation?
- This is where we can get into financial trouble. We LOVE travel. Having spent 30 days in Australia and New Zealand, two weeks among Ibiza, Sitgez and London and several trips to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, we have a number of favorite spots to choose from. It’s hard to nail down just one, so we would have to say, anywhere there is a nice beach, some great local (cheaper) restaurants and genuine people.
- Who is your favorite author?
- So, David isn’t much of a reader. He is more of the analytical type and is on the opposite end of the spectrum from John, who is either reading his Barrons, his computer, a hard copy book or his phone 99% of the time David is trying to talk to him…. so let’s let John answer this one. John’s favorite author is, Hunter S. Thompson. Why? “Cuz, this is bat country.” John enjoys a bit of crazy now and then and Hunter fits the crazy.
- What book, blog or podcast have you enjoyed recently?
- I have to give props and a big shout out to Think Enriched with Amy Robles. She has inspired us and we love her easy going style and her flawless radio voice.
- As for books, I am currently reading Worry No More by our friend, Bruce Van Horn. His positive messages help keep me motivated, running (literally) and smiling.
- If you could have dinner with one person, living or otherwise, who would it be?
- David – A little cheating here; my parents. I wish they could experience how amazing my life has become and how much I love the person I am living my life with.
- John – Do we really have to ask this question? Ever since he was 10, John has wanted to meet Madonna. (Ugh, as David rolls his eyes!)
- If you had only one thing to say to the world, what would it be?
- You have every bit of control in your life to do, be or enjoy exactly what it is you want and have EARNED. Go out there, get what you want and leave the need to impress or live up to the expectations of others behind. You will be happier, healthier and wealthier than you could imagine. Be Debt Free, Have Fun and Be Money Conscious!
The Colorado Contingent
Questions for our Nominees
- Who do you think is the most profound non-deity?
- What were the two or three last pieces of music (song/album) you purchased?
- If you could go back in time, 10 years ago, and deliver a message to yourself, what would it be and why?
- What is your one guilty financial pleasure (something you love to spend on but know you shouldn’t)?
- What is your favorite habit, financial or otherwise, that you will never give up?
- Salty or sweet?
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated